cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Repository Usage and Versioning
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:04:49 GMT

Upayavira wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> On 24 Apr 2004, at 18:43, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> Upayavira wrote_

>>> Yes!
>>

>> IMO it's worth a release as a 2.2 since CForms are a quite a huge
>> addition (even if not breaking compatiblity)...
>

> Well, a stable CForms would be worth a 2.2, but for now all I'm looking
> for is a release that contains the woody->cforms renaming, for which
> 2.1.5 would be enough.

hm, as you might now, I'm actively refactoring cforms as we speak
(cleaning out, adding javadocs to get us in shape for efficient
bugfixing... next to some more serious refactoring to get us passed some
long due feature requests) IMO just some progression towards 'stable'

the stuff I had planned for this week (have started on it in fact) was
the widget-reuse/repo stuff through @extends @defines @fdns (see
wikipage WoodyScratchpad)

What this means:

- this is to replace the new/class stuff, CONSEQUENCE: these changes are
going to be quite incompatible (and I mean: loads more then the minor
things of my recent work)

- I'ld like to proceed in babysteps so progression can be followed and
discussed, and I get to have some intermediate cvs-save-points as well.
CONSEQUENCE: I'm quite sure some of these intermediate steps are going
to be maybe broken here or there (I'm aiming at end of the upcoming week
to be passed the bulk, needing us all maybe another week to test our use
cases and fix possible stuff?)

How do we fit it into this request for a cforms specific 2.1.5?
(if possible without too much hastle on my work in progress here, I
personally thought some tag like CFORMS_0_0_1 would've been enough)

other suggestions?

regards,
-marc=