cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: JXTG jx:attribute
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:51:35 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>Sorry to bother you privately but I did not get the answer on cocoon group and
>I see you're the main JXTG developer.
>
>My question is: Is there any real reason that jx:attribute is not implemented?
>Something that would work as xsl:attribute or xsp:attribute to allow
>generation of dynamic content of an attribute?
>	lg

Please direct all questions to the dev list. The only reason is that it
seems hard to implement it efficiently. Consider:

<foo>
  <jx:attribute name="bar" namespace="http://www.bar.org" value="${bar}"/>
  <jx:if test="{$fubaz > 1}">
       <jx:attribute name="xyz" value="100"/>
   </jx:if>
   <jx:forEach var="item" items="${items}"/>
       <jx:attribute name="${item.name}" value="${item.value}"/>
   </jx:forEach>
</foo>

The start element event for <foo> must be buffered until all potential
jx:attribute tags have been processed. Since these are within
conditional blocks and loops determining when that is the case in an
efficient way isn't easy.

Chris