cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Vote] Repository Usage and Versioning
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:04:36 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>I don't think new policy which is being voted in should be
>>applied retroactively. Meaning, I'd suggest this policy to be
>>in effect starting with Cocoon 2.1.5.
>>

>Yes, agreed. But do we need a 2.1.5?
>

>>Thus, plan of action would be in this case:
>> * Let Cocoon 2.1.5 out.
>> * Move to Subcersion.
>> * Start Cocoon 2.2.
>> * Remove deprecated classes in 2.2 which Carsten mentioned recently.
>>

>Yes, I really would love to do it in the order you suggest, but
>unfortunately
>we can't make a release because of the licensing problems.

That wasn't my impression. My understanding was that, while the board
discussed this internally, we should carry on 'as normal'. They would
offer a clarification when they have one.

If we think we need a release, we should check this.

Personally, I think getting CForms out in its current form is worth a
release.

Regards, Upayavira