cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Repository Usage and Versioning
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:26:30 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

>I'm still not clear on why multiple repositories are used now.
>
>In any case, I've submitted some patches that I'd really like to see in
>2.1.5 as I don't know if I'm ready for 2.2. I have no idea how the change
>Carsten made to Request.getRequestURI is going to impact me as I do call
>that method, and I really don't want to have to deal with that now.  I know
>that other patches have been made to 2.1.4 that would also be good to have.
>So I guess I would recommend the change to getRequestURI be backed out, a
>2.1 branch be made (from which 2.1.5 would be built) and the change then be
>reapplied to head for 2.2.  Unless, of course, I really don't understand how
>Cocoon is being maintained.

I don't think new policy which is being voted in should be applied
retroactively. Meaning, I'd suggest this policy to be in effect starting
with Cocoon 2.1.5.

Thus, plan of action would be in this case:
 * Let Cocoon 2.1.5 out.
 * Move to Subcersion.
 * Start Cocoon 2.2.
 * Remove deprecated classes in 2.2 which Carsten mentioned recently.

Vadim