cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Thornton <ar...@cantab.net>
Subject Re: XMLDBSource XPathQueries
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:27:14 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> Maybe you could let a factory create the PointerParts, and pass the
> factory as an argument to the constructor of the parser.

Seems like that is probably the best idea.

> Or you could indeed move the processing out of these classes, though
> that's about the only thing they do...

Hmm. XPaths don't process documents there's an XPathProcessor for that.
Similarly is it correct the XPointers process Contexts?

That being said, I think the XmlnsPart.process() does do the right
thing. It sets the namespaces on the Context. Maybe the XPointerPart is
trying to do too much. Perhaps the XPointerPart should simply do the
XPath with respect to the Context, and not stream?

Thanks,

andy
--
andrew@caret.cam.ac.uk / art27@cantab.net