cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Use of flowscript or the pyramid of contracts (was Re:[RT] Checked exceptions considered harmful)
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:36:38 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

  > I will add I will prefer to change the default FlowEngine language from
> javascript to Groovy. I really believe it will give the user a more
> productive language with the best Java integration. It will be really a
> good tradeoff.

This does exactly in the wrong direction.

We should *not* make it easier for people to write flowscript, we should
make it easier for people to write components for their business logic
and not pollute the flow logic with it.

In the pyramid of contracts, sitemap + flow reside in the
"administration" concern island, while business logic components reside
in the "logic" concern island.

If you make it easier for people to write java in flow, they will start
blurring this contract and the whole cocoon idea falls apart.

This is the concern that Gianugo and Guido expressed and I completely
agree with them on this.

Please, if we loose SoC cocoon will become a mess.

--
Stefano.