cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Thornton <ar...@cantab.net>
Subject Re: XMLDBSource XPathQueries
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:06:56 GMT
>    <xi:include
> href="test2.xml#xmlns(my=http://localhost/my)xpointer(/page/content/my:abc/*)"/>
>

> If you to implement a patch allowing to do:
>

> xindice:///db/collection/resource#xmlns(my=http://localhost/my)xpointer(/page/content/my:abc/*)

> Then I'd happily apply it. Under one condition: old URIs without
> namespaces / xpointers should still work.

OK. I'm currently trying to use the XPointerFramework that is used by
the XIncludeTransformer, mainly because I don't think it would be
correct to rewrite a parser. However the framework is very tied to the
idea of processing on the cocoon side whereas I need the processing to
be done by the XMLDB. I'm trying to spoof the required behaviour but I'm
not sure I should be doing this.

What do people think? Should I fix the XPointerFramework so that the
XPointerParts returned by the Parser do not the processing? Should I
reimplement the framework for the XMLDBSource? Or should I carry on with
my spoofing attempt?

My spoofing idea was to the hack together a context, manager and
processor and make them interact with the database transparently to the
Framework. In that when the context has prefixes added it sends them to
the XPathQueryService of the XMLDB, and when the XPointerPart calls the
XPathProcessor, it actually speaks to the database returning the obvious
parts. (A similar idea was to get the XPathProcessor to throw an
exception/or just to return null, and then I could ask the processor
what the XPointer wanted.)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
andy