cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Serializers issues...
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:14:19 GMT
On 21.04.2004 22:46, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>> Yes, I know. And I refered to the comment written above it. What I
>> meant was if the encoding is given through the XML declaration there
>> is no further need for the meta tag. But the spec states that both xml
>> declaration and meta tag must be included while the xml declaration
>> takes precedence (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#C_9).
>
> Kewl, but then, does the XALAN XHTML serializer put it in there?

Try to guess it: no, it does not. Even the HTML serializer does it not
if the elements are in the XHTML namespace. The XHTML serializer does it
neither when the elements are not in XHTML namespace.

Hey, this thing is hacky as hell :) And the validator is probably not
testing every detail. I simply switched from html to xhtml when testing
the validness. I think I'm not using XHTML namespace.

Joerg