cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Versions
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:28:13 GMT
On 20.04.2004 12:28, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>On the other hand I didn't get the feeling that there were
>>many problems when upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1. This might be
>>due to not upgrading at all of course.
>>Probably users start a project with a specific Cocoon
>>version/the latest release at this time. During the project
>>they do only the minor upgrades. When starting the next
>>project they use the latest available version at that time
>>again. So upgrade problems might be only rarely reported.
>
> There were many complains from users that upgrading from 2.0.x
> to 2.1 wasn't that easy.

Really? I never got this impression. On the list or from your customers?
Not that this will have any impact on the result of this discussion ...
just curious.

> Yes, a clear matching is required. We would have the clear matching
> of "Any cocoon version >= 2.1 is in the cocoon-2.1 repository" :)

*prust* really good.

Renaming it without any impact should even possible with CVS. Otherwise
we can wait til the move to SVN.

> Ok, but we don't need to make a repository
> just because we change the version number. It only makes sense
> if we continue the development. We end up in to many repositories
> that are actually unused.
> I don't see any problem with branching a previous version if
> the need arises.

Ok, convinced - and this lazy branching is much better than the eager
branching we have at the moment.

Joerg