cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: CalendarGenerator enhancement suggestion.
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:17:51 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> roy huang wrote:
>
>>Hi,ugo:
>>  I checked CalendarGenerator today and thought about how it can be used.I was a Lotus
Notes programmer,there's a kind of calendar view in Notes.We like to display meetings,arrangements(scheduling
stuffs) in this kind of view.Today I check http://localhost:8888/samples/cal ,it looks almost
the same to Notes's calendar view,but only month.
>>  That's my suggestions:
>>  1.provide parameter "type",the type can be:
>>    a.year
>>    b.month(default,like now)
>>    c.two weeks
>>    d.week
>>    e.work day(week without Saturday and Sunday)
>>    f.two day
>>    g.day
>>  2.like http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=108004670802012&w=2
>>   provide the dates before the first day of the month and the dates after the last
day of the month if they are in the same week.
>>  3.provide an example to display information in the calendar view.
>>
>>WDYT?
>

> I think yours are sensible suggestions, but I don't think I'm going to
> implement any of them any time soon, except maybe number 3. It would be
> nice if you could provide some code... ;-).
>
> Another feature might be:
>
> 4. Output an element containing the (suitably internationalized) names
> of the weekdays to use as column headings.
>
> By the way, I wasn't even aware of the ML thread you have mentioned when
> I started writing the CalendarGenerator (maybe I should start monitoring
> the users' list more carefully). I just needed a monthly calendar
> suitable for a blog or news site, so I did "The Simplest Possible Thing
> That Might Work" (TM).

Ugo,

I'm still in the same boat I was then (interested with no time) but I'd love to
get your observations on the different ideas floated in that thread.

Geoff