cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <>
Subject Re: XMLDBSource XPathQueries
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:37:02 GMT
Andrew Thornton wrote:

> Hi!
>    I'm currently trying to use the xmldb source. However I've spotted
> a problem. The source doesn't currently handle xpaths with namespaces.
> We have a few suggestions for how to make it do this:

> xmldb:xindice-embed:/xmlns(x=[predicate()])

Total Overkill, me thinks.

> (ii) Leverage the xpointer idea only for namespaces:
> xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/collection/collection/resource#/ns:xpath[predicate()]
> becomes
> xmldb:xindice-embed:/xmlns(ns=NAMESPACE-URI)xmlns(other=OTHER)//db/collection/collection/resource#ns:xpath[predicate()]

I don't like this much also. Why don't you suggest the syntax which is
already used for xinclude transformer? See examples:

If you to implement a patch allowing to do:

Then I'd happily apply it. Under one condition: old URIs without
namespaces / xpointers should still work.

View raw message