cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Thornton <and...@caret.cam.ac.uk>
Subject XMLDBSource XPathQueries
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:11:38 GMT
Hi!
    I'm currently trying to use the xmldb source. However I've spotted a
problem. The source doesn't currently handle xpaths with namespaces.

We have a few suggestions for how to make it do this:

(i) Turn the source path into pure Xpointer commands e.g.:

xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/collection/collection/resource#/xpath[predicate()]

becomes

xmldb:xindice-embed:/xmlns(x=http://apache.org/cocoon/xmldb/1.0)xmlns(ns=NAMESPACE-URI)x:collection(/db/collection/collection)x:resource(resource)xpointer(ns:xpath[predicate()])

(ii) Leverage the xpointer idea only for namespaces:

xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/collection/collection/resource#/ns:xpath[predicate()]

becomes

xmldb:xindice-embed:/xmlns(ns=NAMESPACE-URI)xmlns(other=OTHER)//db/collection/collection/resource#ns:xpath[predicate()]

Comments?

Thanks,

andy

--