cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Versions
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:31:37 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

<snip />

>>IMO we can move on with 2.1.x and remove the depracated
>>classes if this is necessary. WDYT?
>>

> To be honest, this was my first thinking as well :) But there is
> the general perception that a minor version change is 100%
> compatible (or 99.9%) which is of course not the case if we
> remove deprecated classes.
> If noone is against it, we can continue with the 2.1.x - sure.
> This would makes thinks easier.

Hm, I think I'm swinging towards the observations you made in opening
this thread.

We seem to have grown some implicit meaning (expectations) around these
version numbers, I don't think we should ignore that...

I'm not the kind of guy that wants everything formalized but it does
seem meaningful to solidify some position and avoid to reconsider again
and again, no?

-marc=