cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Versions
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:37:35 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

<snip />

> And in addition, 2.2 would be the first release with the official
> cocoon forms version. This alone makes a version change acceptable.

do you already have a timeframe in mind?
(cforms is still unstable, and is IMO not near removing that tag)

> WDYT?

in general I'm all for a more formal description of the meaning of
versions to us.

something like: http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html but probably more
focussed towards Java classes, interfaces, xml schema's and namespaces ?

from there we could probably formulate some guidelines towards
associating code maintenance actions like
- bugfixing
- deprectation
- addition
- removal

and how that is reflected in our cvs management towards
- tagging
- branching/merging
- new repository

regards,