cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: OT: [RT] Use of flowscript or the pyramid of contracts
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:24:50 GMT
Leon Widdershoven wrote:
> But I'm glad to hear that Hibernate is quite easy to start with.
> The moment I get some time off I will certainly jump in the
> deep and try to survive:)

There is a middle ground between a full-fledged O/R mapping layer and
raw JDBC calls. You could, for instance, try Spring's JDBC template
classes [1], as they take care of the tedious, repetitive and
error-prone, like setting up a connection, managing transactions,
handling errors and properly releasing resources.

An advantage of using Spring is also that it supports Hibernate and JDO
out-of-the-box, so graduating from JDBC to an O/R persistence layer
might be easier.

DISCLAIMER: I've never used Spring, just read its documentation and I
really like what I've seen so far. Might be using it for a future
project, though.

	Ugo

http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/jdbc.html