cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [cforms] Moving <validation> out of <datatype>
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:40:05 GMT
Hi all,

A few weeks ago, I generalized validation to every widgets, and not only
fields. The main visible result of this is that <fd:validation> is now a
direct child of <fd:field> (or other widget-defining element), and no
more a child of <fd:datatype>.

Validation as a child of <fd:datatype> is still supported as a legacy
behaviour, but I would like to remove it to drive people towards the new
generalized validation. My plan to ease the migration is to raise a
meaningful exception ("fd:validation has moved") whenever we encounter a
fd:validation inside a fd:datatype.

Thoughts?

Sylvain