cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: PATCH: Small improvements to sitemap-v06.rng
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:07:43 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Carmona Perez, David dijo:
>

>>Note: I don't know how to create a patch.  I've tried to use "diff.exe"
>>from "GNU utilities for Win32", but don't know the exact command line
>>arguments I need in order to create a patch file suitable for CVS.
>>

>Hmm.. next time try to use:
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/

Cygwin is great - especially when you get KDE working within it
(http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/) which means that you have a pretty
full Unix desktop, with XServer, on a Windows platform. Wow.

But, having said that, I believe you can create a patch by changing into
your CVS checkout, and (assuming you've got a commend line CVS client
installed) typing cvs diff > patchname.patch. Should create a patch file
for you. If you use TortoiseCVS, there's a patch option on the CVS menu
within explorer.

Regards, Upayavira