cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Documentation TOC started
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 19:49:44 GMT
H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:

> Guys (and girls),
>
> I want to structure all the documentation about Cocoon in the Wiki and the
> xdocs. I've started small by setting up a Wiki page
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Cocoon215TOC which should become a
> Table of Contents into documentation geared to Cocoon 2.1.5 and future
> versions.
> At first I want to fill this page with links to existing Wiki and xdoc
> pages, after that missing pages should be added and outdated pages updated
> or rewritten.
>
> The first draft of this TOC is far from complete, so I'd like you all to
> take a quick look at the wiki page and add missing items and sections.

Awesome, Helma!

I was rolling around the idea of how to reorganize and rewrite the docs
the other day... I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

One thing I was thinking about:  Should we try to move the existing
"real" docs to the Wiki, to let us revise them easier?  I think we would
need something to convert the docs format to Wiki and back easily.
Chaperon should allow us to go from Wiki -> Docs, but it's a matter of
having the time to actually do it.

> Thanks.
>
> Bye, Helma

Thoughts?