cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: new blocks.properties way more painful to use
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2004 02:02:21 GMT
On 05.04.2004 17:19, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> in the past I was used to:
>>>
>>>  1) cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
>>>  2) vi local.blocks.properties
>>>  3) uncomment the blocks that I wanted to exclude
>>>
>>> Today, I have to go thru a bunch of include and change them from true
>>> to false. Much more hassle than just uncommenting/commenting one line.
>
> Ok, but it should be fairly easy to make "include" properties default to
> "true" if nothing else is defined - then it (almost) solves an issue:
> block.properties can contain comments only, and explain format. And
> local.block.properties can define properties in any syntax - include or
> exclude.

Thanks for the constructive idea. I have it working now the following
way: internal.exclude set through include set through exclude property.
In blocks.properties there are #include=false lines (except for the
deprecated ones), blocks are included by default. This solution would
bring back Stefano's uncommenting/commenting, but has one down side: the
deprecated blocks excluded via include=false in blocks.properties can
not be included by exclude=false (as it is possible now, backwards
compatibility), but must be included by include=true.

WDYT? Commit?

Joerg