cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: [RT] - XUL revisited....
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 23:00:00 GMT
Hello Corin,

I would be really interested what means "XUL in production" for your
company. We have created a remote web application with XUL almost a year
The mentioned URL is no longer online as the company is dead. The
application and me are now at another company. I know the application is
still in live use, but I don't know really the current status.

On 05.04.2004 23:42, Corin Moss wrote:

> Hiya,
> +++++++1
> I can't quite say how many plus ones the idea of XUL support from Cforms
> gets from me.  As I mentioned earlier, we've been using XUL in
> production to drive a web based GUI for a couple of months now.  The
> feature set we get is just amazing.  The other interesting thing, in
> relation to Luke's point is that there is actually a flash based XUL
> engine - meaning that those 98% could still make use of the XUL.  It's
> not fully featured yet, and does carry a non OSS license with it - but
> bear it in mind:
> The other thing to consider here is *shudder* Longhorn.   M'soft have
> made it very clear that their next gen GUI interface will be based
> around a beast incredibly similar to XUL.  If we start with XUL support
> now, adapting a Longhorn interface also becomes fairly trivial.
> I'm willing to help in any XUL development exercise.
> Corin

View raw message