cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [cforms] Radio buttons across repeater
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:34:56 GMT
On 06.04.2004 09:20, Marc Portier wrote:

> Joerg,
>
> I realize that 'resting my case' is not enough...
>
> some ideas:
> this sounds like the operation 'selecting a row' should be an intrinsic
> feature of the repeater-widget

Yes, sounds reasonable.

> In light of the above we could even consider sending
> repeaterID.radioID=row-identity (which would require to
> serialize-to-string somehow this identity?)

This not IMO ;-) I completely separate backend IDs from row IDs as the
former ones might often be database IDs (general security concern). So
my binding ATM often has a @unique-row-id="id" (still 2.1.4), but ID is
only a wd:output in the definition and is not referred in the template.
At least for the moment I have no use case where the mapping from row ID
to backend ID does not match my requirements and so I'm hiding the
backend IDs from the user.

Joerg