cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: CForms v2 and bizData strange handling
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:49:23 GMT
Tim Larson wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:30:03PM +0200, Leszek Gawron wrote:
>

>>In v2 I have to do something like this:
>>
>>form = new Form( definition );
>>
>>form[ "globalAppContext" ] = getGlobalAppContext();
>>form[ "user" ] = getLoggedInUser();
>>form[ "userContext" ] = getContextForUser( getLoggedInUser() );
>>form[ "items" ] = rowset;
>>form [ "pageContext" ] = contractor;
>>
>>everything is doable so far but if I were to give somebody my code he would
>>surely ask me: why is the form top level object in your page model?
>>

>I also found this strange.  IMHO this needs to be changed, becase as
>we are finding out, the form is not the page.  Think of examples like
>portals, pages containing several forms, etc.  The form should just
>use one customizable key, to allow for multiple forms and other data.
>
>--Tim Larson

Can you elaborate more on this? It seems to me that there is a
significant difference between a portal and a multi-form page. In the
case of a portal, the content of the page consists of multiple separate
applications (each with its own independent page flow). Also if CForms
were to support multi-form pages how would that work?

Regards,

Chris