cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: CForms v2 and bizData strange handling
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:31:12 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

><snip>
>
>none of these is strictly connected to the form (the only one is the rowset
>displayed as the form controls invoke actions that change this part of view).
>
>In v2 I have to do something like this:
>
>form = new Form( definition );
>
>form[ "globalAppContext" ] = getGlobalAppContext();
>form[ "user" ] = getLoggedInUser();
>form[ "userContext" ] = getContextForUser( getLoggedInUser() );
>form[ "items" ] = rowset;
>form [ "pageContext" ] = contractor;
>
>everything is doable so far but if I were to give somebody my code he would
>surely ask me: why is the form top level object in your page model?
>
>It looks like the form is the most important part of the model here while it
>is completely not true. Moreover if I wanted to turn over the rowset
>capabilities it would also affect other page parts (I would have to rewrite
>the whole view to use new variable paths)
>
>WDYT?
>	lg

This is based on the fact that the current API is form.showForm(), i.e.
"show this form". Thus the context object sent to the pipeline ends up
being the (single) form.

I think your comments are valid, but calling
form.showForm(pageDataOutsideThisForm) is equally non-intuitive IMO. The
V2 API is by no means intended to be final and was meant to spur
discussion so thanks for your comments.

Chris