cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niels van Kampenhout <ni...@hippo.nl>
Subject LuceneIndexTransformer bug?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:29:37 GMT
Using the LuceneIndexTransformer, I discovered that elements containing
a numeric value are sometimes (not always) not stored by the
transformer, although the attribute lucene:store has been set to true in
de input for the transformer.

Example:

<blah lucene:store="true">13</blah>

is not stored.

Putting some text in the element results in the element being stored,
but with only the text as content, not the number!

Example:

<blah lucene:store="true">sometext13</blah>

results in

<search:field name="blah">sometext</search:field>

in the search results (13 has disappeared?!?).

I also discovered that this does not happen when the content is in an
attribute (so this presents a workaround).

Example

<blah content="13" lucene:store="true" lucene:text-attr="content"/>

results in

<search:field name="blah">13</search:field>

in the search results (as it should).

Maybe I have overseen something, but this seems very much like a bug to
me. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Niels

--
Hippo Webworks
Herengracht 141