cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] Radio buttons across repeater
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 07:20:40 GMT
Joerg,

I realize that 'resting my case' is not enough...

some ideas:
this sounds like the operation 'selecting a row' should be an intrinsic
feature of the repeater-widget

to some extend we already have a means of selecting (multiple) rows by
putting a checkbox in every row which results in
repeaterID.rowID.checkBoxID=true (e.g. contacts.0.select=true)

in this case we would however need some repeaterID.radioID=rowID

this shows that this selector-variable is not a child of the row, but of
the repeater itself, furthermore I don't think it is a unique property
like repeaterID.size since people might want to have more then one
selection made, no?

maybe this calls for a nested <fd:selectors> in the repeater definition?

<fd:repeater id="contacts" >
   <fd:selectors>..</fd:selectors>
   <fd:widgets>...</fd:widgets>
</fd:repeater>

wdyt?

Related (but different):
I'm still in preparation mode of the update on the repeater-binding
I've started to develop an idea where 'identity' would be a property of
the row (which it currently doesn't have) and let the identity binding
exactly bind its value into that 'space' (still have to crack up some
nice way to model that, ATM I think a wrapper around a simple arraylist
would do, having an equals() that checks on every element in the list)

In light of the above we could even consider sending
repeaterID.radioID=row-identity (which would require to
serialize-to-string somehow this identity?)

regards,
-marc=