cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] - XUL revisited....
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:30:09 GMT
luke hubbard wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>"if we have the control"... Unfortunately, 90% of people out there use
>>

>IE...
>
>98% of people out there have Flash Player. :)
>Flash is installed on most machines, it can load and parse xml, and has a
>wide range of ui components. It would be great if we could create a flash
>component to render cforms that could be used from within the flash IDE.

Hey, interesting idea!

I recently investigated a bit the SWF Transformer/Serializer we have in
Cocoon to produce dynamically generated Flash, but unfortunately what is
provided by Spark isn't really usable as it's mostly composed of
<rawdata> tags.

Anyone having a better experience or some ideas on this?

>Also a standalone swf file that could be embedded into a html page to
>display a form for ppl without the IDE. As we all  know flash is not open
>source, but the swf format is. Im not sure if there are licencing issues
>with regard to distributing swf file(s) that contains the MM ui components.
>Would need to read the EULA carefuly. Even if it was a problem I have heard
>there are a group of developers working on open source ui components.
>
>Anyway just an idea. I have a few more regarding cocoon & flash intergration
>but they can wait for another day.

Why wait? Ideas are always interesting to share, even more if others can
pick them up and implement them.

Sylvain