cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: new blocks.properties way more painful to use
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:19:44 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> in the past I was used to:
>>
>>  1) cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
>>  2) vi local.blocks.properties
>>  3) uncomment the blocks that I wanted to exclude
>>
>> Today, I have to go thru a bunch of include and change them from true
>> to false. Much more hassle than just uncommenting/commenting one line.
>

> ?  With the previous uncomment scheme, you probably did arrow down,
> and then the "x" command to delete the # character.  With the new
> scheme for the first line you would do "/true" (find the word true)
> and then "cw" "false" "esc".  From them on you'd do "/" (repeat the
> last find) until you found a line you want to change then "." (repeat
> the last edit).
>
> Is "/" "." that much more harder than "arrow down" "x" ?

I guess it depends on your "vi" skills ;-)

Ok, but it should be fairly easy to make "include" properties default to
"true" if nothing else is defined - then it (almost) solves an issue:
block.properties can contain comments only, and explain format. And
local.block.properties can define properties in any syntax - include or
exclude.

Vadim