cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: disabling widgets
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:15:58 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>
>>> Now, as I mentioned already [1], I started using the generator approach
>>> to form templates, using the implementation of "wt:" statements using
>>> JXMacro provided by Chris [2]. And this approach is very powerful,
>>> as it
>>> allows complex conditional form layout without requiring the
>>> introduction of yet-another-control-structure-markup in the "wt:"
>>> namespace.
>>>
>>> Introducing the widget states would allow these conditions to be
>>> computed with the form's own state rather than using some separate flow
>>> values.
>>>
>>> So, I propose the following changes to Cocoon forms:
>>> - add a state to widgets (enabled/disabled/hidden).
>>>

>> Assuming this state will be available during binding, as well as in
>> form... +1. But, this will require some kind of "wt:" control markup
>> anyway... Given simple example:

>> There is a need to disable whole table, it's not enough to take out
>> widget only.
>

> This is exactly why a generator approach is needed :

Well, of course it will work with generator. But what if generator can
not be used in this scenario (xslt processing required; use of other
template engine; something else), what then? Either it should be also
possible with JXTemplateTransformer, or FormsTransformer to be extended,
or (ideally) both of those.

Also, what do you think about something to allow generation of <label>s?
Currently, <widget-label> does not produce any label at all...

Vadim