cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: [PROP] Repository interface
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:33:25 GMT
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 13:38, Guido Casper wrote:
>
>>Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>>I just changed the code a little bit. However it's now a little hacky
>>and needs completion as after the copy you should check wether the
>>destination is version controlled and if that's the case undo the move
>>(to keep the old version history) and return false.
>>
>>I don't know the details of how to check wether a resource is under
>>version control right now (would have to check the DeltaV spec).
>>

> Maybe we should simply return false on setVersioned(String, false),
> because there are to many cases where we get inconsistent data or have
> other problems during moving with coliding file names etc.

Did just that for the time being.

However I think this might be properly implemented by:
-copy to a temporary resource
-check wether the temporary resource is version-controlled
-move the temporary resource back overriding the original resource

The open question is what happen to the version history. I tend to
having a global configuration whether to keep histories of deleted
resources or remove them (as keeping histories of deleted resources
might bloat the repository a lot).

Guido

--
Guido Casper