cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: new blocks.properties way more painful to use
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:38:02 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> in the past I was used to:
>
>  1) cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
>  2) vi local.blocks.properties
>  3) uncomment the blocks that I wanted to exclude
>
> Today, I have to go thru a bunch of include and change them from true to
> false. Much more hassle than just uncommenting/commenting one line.

?  With the previous uncomment scheme, you probably did arrow down, and then the
"x" command to delete the # character.  With the new scheme for the first line
you would do "/true" (find the word true) and then "cw" "false" "esc".  From
them on you'd do "/" (repeat the last find) until you found a line you want to
change then "." (repeat the last edit).

Is "/" "." that much more harder than "arrow down" "x" ?

Geoff