cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leon Widdershoven <...@dds.nl>
Subject Re: disabling widgets
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:37:35 GMT

> - move to a generator approach.

Do you mean generator-only approach? I think that would limit the options of
the users quite a bit (and I am one of those). I actually like the pipeline
approach so that you can build your XML tree dynamically; if one would move
to a generator only approach other generator-only functionalities (xsp, though
that appears to be deprecated) can not really be used anymore.

As you notice I am not well enough at home in cocoon core matters to really
have an opinion, but two months ago when I started using cocoon (and I am
working full time with cocoon-2.1.4) the fact that the xsp was a generator
only brought me a lot of trouble so I have a bit of a phobia about that.

Regards,
Leon Widdershoven