cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: disabling widgets
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:50:23 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez dijo:
>

>>So, I propose the following changes to Cocoon forms:
>>- add a state to widgets (enabled/disabled/hidden).
>>

>It maybe good. Can reach the same result using another pipeline to
>generate the "form definition" file?

Do you mean disabling fields by using dynamically-generated forms? This
isn't enough, as we need to be able to change the state of widgets
within the interaction of a user with a form instance, e.g. depending on
the entered values.

>>- move to a generator approach.
>>

>Can we still use JXTemplateGenerator expression inside? AFAIK, this is a very important
issue.

I'm currently using JX macros which, of course, use JXTemplateGenerator ;-)

Sylvain