cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new blocks.properties way more painful to use
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 04:17:52 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> in the past I was used to:
>>
>>  1) cp blocks.properties local.blocks.properties
>>  2) vi local.blocks.properties
>>  3) uncomment the blocks that I wanted to exclude
>>
>> Today, I have to go thru a bunch of include and change them from true
>> to false. Much more hassle than just uncommenting/commenting one line.
>>
>> Please, revert back to how it was before or make it equivalently
>> painless to reduce the blocks tuning time.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Stefano,
>
> There was a vote:

> Please don't take this the wrong way, but where were you during the
> vote? :)

Earning the money that feeds me, which doesn't come from following this
list.

You guys debate on avoiding the double negative, but failed completely
to see the value of the previous schema that you could remove a block
with a single keystroke.

Now, I don't care what wording you use for the properties, but I *DO*
care about how much effort one is supposed to undergo to tune cocoon.

So, no matter what wording you use, please, make it as easy as it was
before or I'll call a new vote to revert it.

--
Stefano.