cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: new way more painful to use
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 03:01:54 GMT
On 05.04.2004 04:53, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>But the real need for changing it came out of the discussion about
>>default excludes of blocks (e.g. javaflow or all unstable blocks). You
>>have *no* possibility to re-include a block then in
> Yes you have a posibility. I posted, while I developed the OJB block I
> found the way to do that:
> Suppose in you set: exclude.block.ojb=true
> Then to rewrite the value, you can use in your
> exclude.block.ojb=false
> and this works.
> It is the "nature" of Ant properties. Once you set it, you cannot change
> it. If I already set it in the, even in the case
> you try to rewrite it in the you will not success and the
> property remain as it was defined in the block.

Ah, sorry, you are right. I found this out myself, but had it not in
mind when writing the above:

But exactly the "nature" of Ant properties or at least the behaviour
when using them in @unless and @if (which is independent on their value
true or false, only set or not set is tested) let me think that the
above would not work. Only the mapping through

And at the end the vote was even about just changing docu ("use
true/false for default excluded blocks") or additionally rename the

View raw message