cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: new way more painful to use
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 02:37:40 GMT
On 05.04.2004 00:18, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> in the past I was used to:
>  1) cp
>  2) vi
>  3) uncomment the blocks that I wanted to exclude
> Today, I have to go thru a bunch of include and change them from true to
> false. Much more hassle than just uncommenting/commenting one line.

That's true obviously. But you can still use the exclude syntax in your if you want.

> Please, revert back to how it was before or make it equivalently
> painless to reduce the blocks tuning time.

Tony already pointed it out, it was based on a vote started by me. The
reason for the change is naming itself on the one hand. Not only native
English speaking people found the exclude syntax a mass.

But the real need for changing it came out of the discussion about
default excludes of blocks (e.g. javaflow or all unstable blocks). You
have *no* possibility to re-include a block then in

Furthermore the ideas already go beyond the current version:

View raw message