cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: Call continuations from flow instead of sitemap
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 16:16:07 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>

>>> cocoon.handleContinuation( wk.getContinuation() );
>>>     lg
>>>

>> Uh, it doesn't actually work properly in general, as you noticed (with
>> page locals). Also Cocoon.handleContinuation() is an internal function
>> that shouldn't be called except by Cocoon itself. You're also not
>> passing correct arguments to it.
>

> Hmmm:
>
> public void handleContinuation(String kontId, Scriptable parameters)
>
> If we only want it to be callable by Cocoon itself, why is it public?
> Does it need to be public for the Javascript stuff?

Likewise, I would also argue the comments associated with
handleContinuation() suggest that you should be allowed to call it from
your Flowscript:

     /**
      * Perform the behavior of <map:call continuation="blah">
      * This can be used in cases where the continuation id is not encoded
      * in the request in a form convenient to access in the sitemap.
      * Your script can extract the id from the request and then call
      * this method to process it as normal.

      * @param kontId The continuation id
      * @param parameters Any parameters you want to pass to the
continuation (may be null)