cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Call continuations from flow instead of sitemap
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2004 07:17:42 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

>On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 03:55:54PM -0800, Christopher Oliver wrote:
>

>>Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>>Although I found this hacky, is there any technical reasons that
>>>prevents this to work?
>>>
>>>Sylvain
>>>

>>Yes, the FOM_Cocoon object requires special setup before invoking a
>>continuation or entry point function.
>>

>if so , why does this code work (under condition that you do not use page
>local variables):
>
>contManager = null;
>try {
>  contManager = cocoon.getComponent
>( "org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.ContinuationsManager" );
> var wk = contManager.lookupWebContinuation( continuationId );
>} finally {
>  if ( contManager != null )
>    cocoon.releaseComponent( contManager );
>}
>
>cocoon.handleContinuation( wk.getContinuation() );
>	lg

Uh, it doesn't actually work properly in general, as you noticed (with
page locals). Also Cocoon.handleContinuation() is an internal function
that shouldn't be called except by Cocoon itself. You're also not
passing correct arguments to it.

If you really think it should be possible to lookup a web continuation
and invoke it from a flowscript then make a proposal and see what people
think. If it turns out to be a good idea then a proper implementation
can be provided. However, currently it is _not_ a supported feature.

Regards,

Chris