cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] notation of blocks selection properties
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 22:28:22 GMT
On 01.04.2004 22:00, Tim Larson wrote:

> Likewise. BTW, am I missing something or can these two options be
> made completely compatible, as in:
>   include=true   ==  exclude=false

No.

>   include=false  ==  exclude=true

Yes.

Using

<condition property="exclude.block.blockname">
   <not>
     <istrue value="${include.block.blockname}"/>
   </not>
</condition>

If local config contains exclude, the above is not evaluated (properties
can not be reset).

exclude.block.blockname is therefore the old unless.exclude.block.blockname.

exclude=false would not work then because in @unless and @if Ant looks
only if the property is set, not to which value. So exclude=false would
be interpreted the same way as exclude=true.

Now I could imagine the following:

<condition property="exclude.block.blockname">
   <not>
     <istrue value="${include.block.blockname}"/>
   </not>
</condition>

<condition property="unless.exclude.block.blockname">
   <istrue value="${exclude.block.blockname}"/>
</condition>

But I don't think that I really like this.

Joerg