cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andr...@chaeron.com>
Subject Re: Known concurrency issues in 2.1.4/JISP bugs....possible workaround?
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 01:35:55 GMT
Antonio suggested (and Bertrand/Unico also elaborated on this):

> > We're getting some sporadic strange errors that might be due to
> > concurrency
> > issues between different users, and I was wondering if there are any known
> > bugs outstanding in 2.1.4 for this kind of thing?
>
> The problem can be the cache system:

Just a thought....if I have the following specified in my cocoon.xconf
settings:

<transient-store logger="core.store.transient">
	<parameter name="maxobjects" value="@transient_object_cache_size@"/>
	<parameter name="use-persistent-cache" value="false"/>
</transient-store>

<store logger="core.store">
	<parameter name="maxobjects" value="@generic_object_cache_size@"/>
	<parameter name="use-persistent-cache" value="false"/>
</store>

Note: @xxx@ values are substituted using an Ant deploy script, so ignore that
stuff.

With both having use-persistent-cache set to false, does that mean that JISP
(the default persistent caching mechanism in 2.1.4) will never be called, and
thus the concurrency errors should never manifest?

Or do I need to also do something to my persistent store config settings,
which currently look like:

<persistent-store logger="core.store.persistent">
	<parameter name="use-cache-directory" value="true"/>
	<parameter name="order" value="2701"/>
</persistent-store>

An aside...what the heck is the "order" value anyway?

Much appreciate any insight on this, since we don't need persistent caching
for our production application, and this might be a "quick fix" for a very
vexing and difficult to reproduce problem.

Thanks all!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com