cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Block Samples, Re: excluding unstable blocks by default
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:16:40 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 01.04.2004 15:00, stevenn@outerthought.org wrote:
>
>> + ! Exclude unstable blocks from the default build
>> + + Edit the blocks.properties file and exclude all unstable blocks.
>> + Since it's a release they should not get compiled by default.
>

> What about a vote on this? I'm -0.1 on excluding unstable blocks by
> default. And Vadim is working on th refactoring of the blocks samples
> page in dependency on the stable/unstable status. This should give the
> most prominent hint to users about block's status.

Refactoring is done, please check how it worked out. Now page is
constructed from gump.xml and *.xsamples files, taking
/xsamples/group/sample tags from those. Content of the /xsamples/group
tags is ignored, patching is not done anymore, and blocks samples moved
into /samples/blocks/ directory, so they are now not mixed together with
core samples.

PS I'm -0.95 on excluding unstable blocks, and +0.74 for excluding
deprecated blocks.

Vadim