cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [RT] - XUL revisited....
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:01:16 GMT
Bruno Dumon dijo:
> I'm wondering though what the value of this is.
>
> The main advantage of CForms is to handle the typical problem of HTML
> forms: the form needs to be redisplayed in a loop until everything's
> valid. This is because the browser is a stupid client which we need to
> send a new page after each interaction.
>
> If you're developing a smarter client using XUL or Flash, you're not
> likely going to send a new XUL file or Flash movie to the browser
> between each interaction. Rather, all validation logic (and event
> handling logic) can be implemented in the client, which can communicate
> XML messages with the server. Somehow forcing CForms in between there
> seems unnatural to me.

(WARNING: Antonio is in no way a XUL guru):

Two things:

1-XUL can be used also as a HTML++?
2-We have place for YEFF (Yet another form framework) in Cocoon with
enhanced XUL controls?

What I see is people asking for a test drive in XUL. And until we don't
provide it, here will be over and over more XUL threads. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo