cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: generator type value substitution (GroovySQL vaporware strikes again)
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:09:39 GMT
Le 29 avr. 04, à 16:53, Leszek Gawron a écrit :
> ...This is also how I do it in standard web apps. But the performance
> is a great
> issue here. Creating 10k JavaBeans, keeping them in memory and than
> processing
> by JXTG is very memory and time consuming....

Sounds like a use case for the (vaporware as yet) GroovySQL
integration, which will allow you to write generators using syntax like
shown on http://groovy.codehaus.org/sql.html (look at the "example of
using Groovy SQL along with GroovyMarkup" example).

Okay, scripted generator, but the script part is minimal and it could
be fairly easily precompiled.

I'm unable to work on this ATM but would be happy to give pointers if
you'd like to test it.

-Bertrand