cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Documentation TOC started
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:55:46 GMT
Hi Helma,

> ...AHA. That explains the "complete radio silence" when it comes to
> updating
> the documentation. :-) ...

Sorry about that. I guess some of us are in a more or less burnout
state about the docs (I am).

There have been many discussions about how to improve the docs, many
real good ideas flying around (moving everything to the wiki,
generating reference docs from code, generating table of contents from
keywords in docs, etc), but until now not much has been done in terms
of restructuring / making the docs more accessible. Many talks, not
much action (I'm as guilty as anyone, not pointing fingers).

So yes, your TOC initiative is very welcome!

A while ago I started writing "documentation tracks" [1]. Would a
merging of the two concepts (your TOC and these tracks) be useful? I
think it's about the same idea: provide a roadmap into the docs.

-Bertrand

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/tracks/index.html