cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: spamming thats using Andrew and cocoon
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 21:11:06 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:

> Le 30 avr. 04, à 17:01, Roger I Martin PhD a écrit :
>> ...I keep getting an email with an attachment that claims to be from
>> Andrew to Cocoon-dev.  Anybody else getting this?  If you find out the
>> address of the bastard doing this is in my corner of the world, I'm
>> willing to go thump some sense into it's head....
>
> There are lots of spam flying around with fake from addresses
> @apache.org (among others) these days. And they're usually sent from
> various infected computers, so there's not much than can be done about
> it, except getting decent spam filters. I use spamassassin server-side,
> combined with osx mail client's spam filter, with good results.

FYI, spamassassin does not block the pretended Andrew mail. I am using
spamassassin too + some blacklists, even the so controversial spamcop one
no one of these server-side filters block it.

And BTW, It is not spam. It is a virus. If you see carefully there is an
attach. In my case the mail is about 90kB cca. Of course, I am not afraid,
cuz I use Linux :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo