cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Logging all requests
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:12:33 GMT
I was just looking into this over the last week. Unfortunately, neither the
process method or anything in CocoonServlet provide a hook to log or capture
the kind of statistics you want. In my case, I am adding some JMX
statistics. The only way I see to do it, short of modifying one of the
classes, is to use a servlet filter. That should also work for you.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Surjan Singh [mailto:surjan.singh@misgl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 4:08 AM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Logging all requests

Hello,

I'd like to log all Requests so that we can record them for analysis.

So, far the only way I think I can do this is to modify the method
process(..) in org.apache.cocoon. In this method, I thought I could use
a logging component (which has yet to be created) from the component
manager and (if it exists) to invoke a log method on it.

What do you think? Is this the right way to go about this?

Surj