cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: GroovyMarkup syntax works!
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:02:18 GMT
Le 15 avr. 04, à 21:40, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :
> ...Aparently no O/R mapping suppport.
> ==================================
> No researched enough Groovy to said that, but I will not go back to
> plain
> JDBC and SQL....

I'm not seeing Groovy SQL support as a replacement for O/R mapping or
java-based business logic, but just as a small and simple thing for
when you want to go directly to a database.

IMO there are many "read-only" publishing applications where direct SQL
queries, combined with a powerful script language, are very useful. In
this sense, Groovy SQL stuff could be nothing more than an alternative
to ESQL or the SQLTransformer

-Bertrand