cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject Re: generator type value substitution
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:11:39 GMT
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 10:51:55AM +0200, Ugo Cei wrote:
> Il giorno 29/apr/04, alle 02:49, Joerg Heinicke ha scritto:
>
> >IMO this looks massively like a hack around a restriction we set up.
> >Maybe we should think about the restriction itself ...
>
> Yes, this is admittedly a big hack, did I ever say it wasn't? ;-) OTOH,
> having a generator for each kind of page you want to display doesn't
> sound like a well-designed architecture, either.
I cannot find another architecture for a system that retrieves massive amount
of data ( files with 100-20k  nodes ) in such categories:

- stock items
- stock items' quantities
- contractors
- contractor's details
- orders
- invoices
- due-payments

and so on and so on and so on.
As I have stated before this is not a WEB application. I use cocoon as xml
data provider for my C++ application. I know this usage is not common.
I have used xsps before but I decided to switch to a compiled solution. I had
lot of problems with compile time errors and completely no support in
refactoring I have now with eclipse and java generators.

	lg
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/       ouzo@wlkp.org           _\\()//_