cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Dynamically changing labels, was Re: Woody + FlowScript : documentation on model
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:32:26 GMT
[Copying to the dev list for additional discussion]

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:53:54PM +0200, Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 16:48, laurent_rorive@marinepower.com wrote:
> > We can of course retrieve the widget, but can we change the label of
> > the widget, the key of the i18n of the label, can we change the
> > style,... ?
<snip/>
> no, no and no, respectively
<snip/>
> However, things like labels are not changeable on the widget instance
> level. You're the first one to ask for it. Do you need it? What's your
> use case?

I have seen this asked for before, but I do not remember if it was on
this ml or on the IRC channel.  The current workaround is to use either
an "output" or a "messages" widget in place of the label to gain full
control.

Is this workaround sufficient or does it break any usability standards,
such as for text-to-speech and other automated systems?

--Tim Larson