cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <>
Subject Re: fi:booleanfield[fi:styling/@type='output']
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:54:20 GMT
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:05:58AM +0200, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 26.04.2004 23:43, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I would like to see a more explicite setting for this behaviour - and
> also supporting all widget types. We already talked a bit about a
> direction="save|load|both" for the field definition in relation to
> reading the values from request. This would replace fd:output and
> styling="output" with the above mentioned consequences.

As you know, I also want to see the "direction"-like enhancement, but
I think we will still need some type of "output" styling for when we
want to show the *same* widget read/write in one part of a form and
duplicated read-only in another part of the same page.  Just setting
the direction can only solve one case or the other, not both at the
same time.

--Tim Larson

View raw message