cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: excluding unstable blocks by default
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 18:10:50 GMT
On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:45:56AM -0600, Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> Tim Larson <tim@keow.org> writes:
>
> > We could make it more like a debian APT source list, eg:
> >   build core
> >   build stable
> >   build unstable
> >   build deprecated
> >   build core stable deprecated
> >   build stable unstable
> >   build core stable custom=some-file
> > Just list the parts you want to build at the moment.
> >

> Aren't you always going to need the core?  Don't think you should even
> have to specify it at all (it would always be included)...

You always need it, but you do not need to build it every time.
For example, after a "cvs co -d" I do a full build of cocoon,
but for each build after that I use local.* files to cause only
cforms to be rebuilt, thus preventing ant from having to evaluate
the other parts of Cocoon only to find out what I already knew,
they did not need to be rebuilt. Does this make more sense now?

--Tim Larson